I’m considering getting a fountain pen; what would y’all recommend?
Characteristics I care about:
- Fairly fine nib; I currently write with 0.35 mm gel ballpoint pens; I’d like a fountain pen to have a line of similar thickness.
- Relatively cheap. I’m looking for less than twenty dollars, thirty max.
- Non-cartridge option; I would rather not be locked into buying ink from a specific supplier.
- Relatively transportable, as in it won’t get sad if placed in a backpack and carried around.
- Holds a reasonable amount of ink. I….would rather not have to refill half-way through each day.
I’m currently mostly looking at the fine-tip converted Platinum Preppy, with probably a Noodler’s bulletproof ink….any opinions?
As for a clue of how small I write:
That’s college-ruled notebook paper.